PART 2: DOING THE ‘INNER WORK’
In my last post I talked about the importance of working on the inner environment, in order for us to experience optimum health – physically, mentally, emotionally, psychologically and even spiritually.
Today, I am going to take the conversation a little deeper, as we talk about what the inner work actually looks like.
First let us establish a few foundational pieces:
- Thoughts and feelings (emotions) have a chemical effect within the body.
- Thoughts and feelings have an electromagnetic effect within the body and its field.
- Past traumatic experiences, if not resolved, can have effects in the present.
- Hoping our past doesn’t impact our present, generally doesn’t work.
- Neuroscientists suggest that we are only consciously aware of our thoughts, feelings and even behaviours, about 2-8% of the time. When we are not fully present in the moment, we go into our unconscious autopilot ‘programs’. To understand this deeper check out – The Successful Mind.
- Essentially non-physical things (emotions) can have physical effects on the body.
- Physical interventions (medication, surgery, radiation, and even exercise & nutrition) don’t necessarily heal the root cause of emotional or physical symptoms.