1. Slow down It might sound counter intuitive, if you want to achieve ‘more’, but slowing down is the first step to making better decisions. Picture a wise person or sage. Do you imagine them running around like a headless chicken? No. Calm. Collected. Slow. Purposeful thought, preceding a decision and decisive action.
When you slow down you get the chance to breathe. When you breathe you energize your body. You rejuvenate it. It allows you to build up energy for when you most need it.
When you slow down you become more conscious. You see more. You hear more. You can think more. You have access to the wisest parts of yourself. Use them.
I actually have this vision: when you slow down in the coming days and weeks and deliberately live your life; you will create more opportunities, you will get more done, you will have more insights, you will be happier, you will be calmer, you will be more fun to be around, and you will experience even more (true) success.
2. Get crystal clear
Nothing supports great choices and great results like CLARITY.
Before you charge into the new quarter, maybe even this weekend, step back and get clear about what you would like to achieve for the next 90-days. Not just professionally, but personally, physically, relationship-wise, and fun-wise.
How would you like the festive season to go? Do you need to make some calls? Some cards? Do you need to reach out to someone, you haven’t in a while. Is there someone special you want to bring closer? Or maybe someone you might like to be less involved with.
Know there is usually a bigger ‘To Do’ List than there is time to do it. So get clear about the priorities. Which ones are most important? Which will make you feel the way you want to feel? Which will enhance your life, and the lives of others? That is where you need to direct your energy and efforts over the next 90 days.
Where focus goes, energy flows. And where energy flows – change occurs.
3. Take care of yourself
Most of the time we forget this bit. We get so excited about what we are going do, be and have and we forget the only way it is going to happen is through this body we inhabit.
So feed your body the good stuff. So let me remind you (again) of some quick tips to boost your defences and energy in the coming months:
1. Get in a yoga class or two a week.
2. Increase your consumption of immunity boosting foods like: garlic, ginger, onion, mushrooms, green leafy vegetables, berries, peppers (the big ones), green tea, flax seeds, broccoli, tomatoes, pomegranates.
3. Eat your fruits – don’t drink them (as the benefits are significantly different).
4. Don’t sit for long periods of time. Do mobile meetings where you talk and walk. Get up from the desk often. Do some stretches. Move the body.
5. Get over 7 hours sleep a night.
6. Pay extra attention to staying hydrated with water.
I felt the need to remind you to take care of yourself, because as we know with the end of the year we can get caught up in the festivities and before we know it, are dragging our butts through the day and struggling to even make it to the end of the year in one piece.
That is my 20 cents worth and I am writing it as much for me, as I am for you. So let’s see how we go slowing down. I know I need to do it. And getting clear – I am actually off to revisit it now. And I know exactly what the consequences are of letting the immune system take a slide. Not pretty or fun.
So I look forward to comparing notes with you in a few months. 😉
You know the dealio. If you do have any comments or insights you would like to share, head over to the Blog, or jump on my Facebook page to continue the dialogue (and pick my mind). Also check out The Happiness Class on iTunes for some FREE weekly Coaching.