By the way. You do know there is a cure for cancer, right? 1000’s of people every year cure themselves of cancer – and not through radiation, surgery and chemotherapy. They make radical changes (and choices) in their thinking, their lifestyles, their emotions, their mindsets, their internal beliefs and how they manage stress. But that is a bigger topic for another day…
1. Did you know that the calcium found in dark green leafy vegetables like kale and spinach is processed by the body better than the calcium in dairy products (which you know I am not a fan of anyway)? Eat more green leafy vegetables.
2. If you do a weight loss program where you are losing body fat, you are also likely to be increasing the amount of toxicity in your body – since toxins are stored in fat cells to insulate them from your blood. So…make sure you detox as part of the weight loss program. One way is to have a daily Green Drink to increase the micro-nutrients that support your immune system and detoxification process.
3. One of the down sides with exercise for weight loss is that it makes you more hungry. So make sure as well as working out what exercises you will be doing – but know in advance EXACTLY what healthy food you will be eating immediately after you work out. I recommend ‘real’ food, rather than some factory made ‘power shake’ or energy drink which will be full of sugar.
4. FAT is not the issue. SUGAR is the issue. 75-80% of processed food has added sugar. Cut out or significantly down on processed food and switch to ‘real’ food if you want to lose weight and increase your health. Focus on vegetables – lots of different colours and varieties. Locally grown, organic and seasonal. And don’t drink your fruit. Eat it whole. Fructose (in fruit) without fibre puts a greater strain on the body in too short a period of time.
5. Bloating and water retention is a good sign that you have an excess of toxins in your body. Time to get serious about detoxing your body. One of the easiest ways is to do a burst where you remove processed food out of your diet for a week, as you increase the amount of vegetables. In particular green leafy vegetables.
6. Drink a daily Green Drink to detox your body and supercharge your energy. The base and main ingredient is a dark green leafy vegetable like spinach and kale. Click here for a recipe.
7. Never underestimate the healing value of rest. The body’s ability to heal is magical. It just needs you to shut down on extracurricular activities for awhile, so it can do its job. If you feel yourself feeling a bit average or sick or have the start of a tickle in the throat – then ramp up the rest. Let the body do its work.
The thinking stuff
8. Stress adversely affects the body and health like nothing else. Relaxation on the other hand effects health positively like nothing else. Specifically do things that allow you to relax. Like: chatting with positive friends, walking in nature, meditating, playing with the dog, resting, taking a hot salt bath, getting a massage, having dinner with friends, etc. Make it a HABIT to do relaxing things; so the body can repair and rejuvenate.
9. Your beliefs about health affect your health. You turn on genes or turn off genes depending on your thinking, beliefs, emotions and behaviour. YOU control the switch to your genes. You can even turn on genes that reverse aging – by the quality of your thoughts and emotions.
The heart stuff
10. One of the best mantra’s you can say to yourself (preferably a few 100 times a day) – compliments of Louise Hay – is “I LOVE AND APPROVE OF MYSELF.” This also turns on healing genes in the body. It dampens or softens the stress response. It relaxes the body. It is like a healing tonic for the body. Do at least 2-5 mins meditation every day, where you say that mantra on the in-breath and you will be adding years to your life and turning back the aging clock. Would anyone here like to look younger?
One of the biggest insights for me in the last 1-2 years of research is about epigenetics and our ability to change the expression of the genes in our body. One of the biggest false statements anyone can make is “I can’t help it. It is in my genes.” Research now clearly shows that this is not only false but bordering on stupidity to have that as a belief. It is simply NOT TRUE. Your thinking, feeling and behaving controls your body at a cellular level. Making you lean into Optimum Health or back into dis-ease. Make the better choice.
And finally, (I have to say it again) to gain even more great health knowledge, in a very comprehensive and holistic (whole perspective) way, check out The Guidebook to Optimum Health, which I will continue to plug because it will change the way people view health and their role in it.
You know the scoop. If you do have any comments or insights you would like to share, head over to the Blog, or jump on my Facebook page to continue the dialogue (and pick my mind). Also check out The Happiness Class on iTunes for some FREE weekly Coaching.